2017 Generac Guardian 8kVA - 50Hz Model #5914
Call for Price
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities remain powered during an outage. The most affordable automatic standby generator on the market offers protection for half the cost of central air conditioning.
- Generac OHVI® Engine: Your Guardian Series generator might have to get you through days—or weeks—without utility power. Its OHVI® engine, specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability to power through the most severe outages.
- Evolution™ Controller: The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Certified for 18" Installation to the Home: Third-party certified to NFPA standards to be installed as close as 18” from the home’s exterior wall, provided it is located away from doors, windows, and fresh-air intakes, and unless otherwise directed by local codes.
- Easy Installation: With an intelligent pre-wired transfer switch, re-engineered connection points, and composite mounting pad that eliminates the need for a poured concrete base (unless specified by local codes), the Guardian Series 8 kW generator is easy to install.
- Rated for Operation in Areas with Low Natural Gas Pressure: In areas with low natural gas pressure, the Guardian Series 8 kW generator can operate on natural gas pressures of only 3.5” of water column—significantly lower than published numbers for competitive standby generator systems.
- All-Weather Aluminum Enclosure: Our durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, all-weather aluminum enclosure corrosion resistant, making it ideal for coastal, salt-air climates. It’s also able to withstand 150 mph winds.
- Tool-less Fuel Conversion: Switch between natural gas and LP fuel in the field in a few seconds, without the need for any tools.
- True Power™ Technology: Best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion means clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Mobile Link™ Compatible: Take advantage of Generac’s Mobile Link cellular remote monitoring system and check on your generator’s status using your computer, tablet or smartphone, even when you are away. Sold separately.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support: Power outages don’t always occur during normal working hours. That’s why Generac’s customer care call center—right here in Wisconsin—provides support any time of day or night, all year long. Generac is standing by 24/7, every minute of every day, to answer your questions.
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 8,000 VA*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 7,000 VA**
- Rated Voltage: 220
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 220 Volts, Single Phase (LP/NG): 36.4/31.8
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 40 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 50 Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included) : Group 26R, 12 Volts and 525 CCA Minimum
- Unit Weight (lb/kg): 387/175.4
- Dimensions (L x W x H) in/mm: 48 x 25 x 29/1218 x 638 x 732
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft (7 m) with generator operating at normal load**: 60
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 530 cc
- Cylinder Block: Aluminum w/ Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/ Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: 1.7 qt/1.6 L
- Operating rpm: 3,000
- Fuel Consumption: Natural Gas ft³/hr. (m³/hr) 1/2 Load: 83 (2.35)
- Fuel Consumption: Natural Gas ft³/hr. (m³/hr) Full Load: 138 (3.91)
- Fuel Consumption: Liquid Propane ft³/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr] 1/2 Load: 32.8 (0.90) [3.41]
- Fuel Consumption: Liquid Propane ft³/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr] Full Load: 55.2 (1.52) [5.74]
- 2-Line Plain Text Multilingual LCD Display : Simple user interface for ease of operation.
- Mode Button: Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser.
- Mode Button: Manual: Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Mode Button: Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Ready to Run/Maintenance Messages: Standard
- Engine Run Hours Indication: Standard
- Programmable start delay between 2-1500 seconds: Standard
- Utility Voltage Loss/Return to Utility Adjustable: From 140-156 V/175-198 V
- Future Set Capable Exerciser/Exercise Set Error Warning: Standard
- Run/Alarm/Maintenance Logs : 50 Events Each
- Engine Start Sequence : Cyclic cranking: 16 sec on, 7 rest (90 sec maximum duration).
- Starter Lock-out : Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec after engine has stopped.
- Smart Battery Charger : Standard
- Charger Fault/Missing AC Warning: Standard
- Low Battery/Battery Problem Protection and Battery Condition Indication : Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection : Standard
- Under-Frequency/Overload/Stepper Overcurrent Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused/Fuse Problem Portection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure/High Oil Temperature Shutdown : Standard
- Overcrank/Overspeed/rpm Sense Loss Shutdown : Standard
- High Engine Temperature Shutdown : Standard
- Internal Fault/Incorrect Wiring Protection : Standard
- Common External Fault Capability : Standard
- Field Upgradable Firmware: Standard
- Engine Type
- GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- 530 cc
- 48 in. (1218 mm)
- 25 in. (638 mm)
- 29 in. (732 mm)
- 387 lb. (175.4 kg)
- AC Output
- LP: 8,000 VA; Natural Gas: 7,000 VA
- Noise Level
- 60 dB(A)