2017 Generac PowerPact 7kW with 8-Circuit Switch Model #6998
Call for Price
Generac’s 7.5 kW PowerPact™ home standby generator is the affordable, automatic alternative to portable backup power. Features incorporate many of the qualities and reliability of the best selling Guardian Series, while remaining the most affordable home standby generator available. Significantly quieter than a portable generator, it protects the home’s most essential circuits, like refrigerators, well pumps and select appliances, without having to manually set up during inclement weather, refuel, or run electrical cords.
- Powers 8 circuits of your home with the 50-amp, NEMA 1 (indoor rated only) lightweight transfer switch.
- 3 Year Limited Warranty for automatic standby generators.
- True Power™ Technology delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Generac generators and engines are engineered and built in the USA*. *Built in the USA using domestic and foreign parts
- Generac OHV engine is designed for reliability and long-life operation.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support Team standing by all day, every day from our headquarters in Wisconsin to answer any questions you might have.
- Durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, galvanneal steel enclosure perfect for all weather conditions.
- Mobile Link™ Remote Monitoring allows you to monitor the status of your generator from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or PC. Easily access information, such as the current operating status and the generator’s maintenance schedule. Connect your account to your authorized service dealer for fast, friendly and convenient assistance. (sold separately)
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 7,500 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG) : 6,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 220 Volts: 31.25/25
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 35 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included) : Group U1, 12 Volts and 300 CCA Minimum
- Unit Weight (lb/kg): 280 (127.3)
- Dimensions (L x W x H) in./mm: 36 x 27 x 25/915 x 676 x 640
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft (7 m) with generator operating at normal load**: 69
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHV
- Number of Cylinders: 1
- Displacement: 420 cc
- Cylinder Block: Aluminum w/ Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/ Magneto
- Governor System: Mechanical
- Starter: 12 VDC
- Oil Capacity: Approx. 1.2 qt/1.1 L
- Operating rpm: 3600
- Fuel Consumption: Natural Gas ft³/hr (m³/hr) 1/2 Load: 73 (2.07)
- Fuel Consumption: Natural Gas ft³/hr (m³/hr) Full Load: 117 (3.31)
- Fuel Consumption: Liquid Propane ft³/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr] 1/2 Load: 31.6 (0.87) [3.29]
- Fuel Consumption: Liquid Propane ft³/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr] Full Load: 51.6 (1.42) [5.37]
- LED Indicators: Simple user interface for ease of operation.
- Mode Switch: Auto : Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser.
- Mode Switch: Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Mode Switch: Manual/Test (start): Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: Engine cranks a maximum of five times at factory set intervals and durations
- Engine Warm-up: 6 sec (30 sec with Cold Smart Start)
- Engine Cool-Down: 1 min
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec after engine has stopped.
- 2.5 Amp Smart Battery Charger: Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulator: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Level Shutdown: Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown: Standard
- Underspeed Shutdown: Standard
- High Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused: Standard
- Wiring Error Detection: Standard
- Battery Problem Warning: Standard
- Charger Problem Warning: Standard
- RPM Sensor Loss Shutdown: Standard
- Maintenance Indicators (Indicate Break-in and Regular Maintenance is due): Standard
- Engine Type
- GENERAC OHV
- 420 cc
- 36 in. (915 mm)
- 27 in. (676 mm)
- 25 in. (640 mm)
- 280 lb. (127.3 kg)
- AC Output
- LP: 7,500 Watts; Natural Gas: 6,000 Watts
- Noise Level
- 69 dB(A)