2017 Generac Protector 17.6 kVA - 50 Hz Model #RG02224MNAX
Call for Price
Automatic Backup Power For Large or Custom Homes
Looking to back up your entire home, or more items than usual? Consider the Protector gaseous automatic backup generator line. These units powers essential appliances and modern technologies during power outages, allowing homeowners and their families to continue living life comfortably and without interruption.
What Makes the Protector Series Such a Great Choice?
Generac's Protector Series offers benefits that competitors can’t match. Installation flexibility and cost reduction. Sophisticated, yet intuitive controls. Quiet operation. Supported by a 24/7/365 customer support team at our corporate headquarters, and a nationwide dealer network of more than 6,000 strong.
- The best liquid cooled engine packs more power into a smaller footprint - ideal when space is a premium. The neutral styling, color and small footprint fits unobtrusively into landscaping. Clean burning, continuous fuel choice of natural gas to LP.
- True Power™ Technology: Delivers best-in class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion (THD) for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Evolution™ Controller: A cutting-edge, intuitive control. The Evolution controller features a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons. It has received upgrades, including USB flash capability, smart battery charging, voltage adjustment, and backlit membrane pad style buttons.
- 3-year limited warranty: We are proud of our innovative product design, high quality and first-class reliability so we stand behind them with a strong 3-year limited warranty.
- Durable Aluminum Enclosure: Aluminum enclosures provide enhanced durability, and are corrosion resistant – ideal for homes located in coastal and salt-ware environments.
- Quiet-Test™: All backup generators run a weekly test to ensure the system is running properly. Thanks to Quiet-Test, your Protector Series home generator runs its self-test at a lower, quieter RPM, which can be programmed to run weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Mobile Link™ Remote Monitoring: Mobile Link is the cellular remote monitoring system from Generac that allows you to check your generator’s status from anywhere in the world using your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Additional Features: Improved stub ups and electrical connection access decrease installation costs. All connections are dual conductor rated, and the implementation of quick connects for the control wires, completely eliminates the need for crimping or lugging. Improved customer connection access, which decreases installation costs.
- Type: Synchronous
- Rotor Insulation Class: H
- Stator Insulation Class: H
- Telephone Interference Factor (TIF): <50
- Alternator Output Leads 1-Phase: 4 wire
- Alternator Output Leads 3-Phase: 4 wire
- Bearings: Sealed Ball
- Coupling: Flexible Disc
- Excitation System: Direct
- Type: Electronic
- Sensing: Single Phase
- Regulation: ± 1%
- Type: Electronic
- Frequency Regulation: Isochronous
- Steady State Regulation: ± 0.25%
- Battery Charge Alternator: 12V 30 Amp
- Static Battery Charger: 2 Amp
- Recommended Battery: Group 26, 525CCA
- System Voltage: 12 Volts
- Revolving field heavy duty generator
- Directly connected to the engine
- Operating temperature rise 120 °C above a 40 °C ambient
- Class H insulation is rated at 150 °C rise at 25 °C ambient
- All models fully prototyped tested
- Aluminum weather protective enclosure: Ensures protection against mother nature. Electrostatically applied textured epoxy paint for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler: Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive: Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation.
- SAE: Sound attenuated enclosure ensures quiet operation.
- Make: Generac
- Model: In line
- Cylinders: 4
- Displacement (Liters): 2.4
- Bore (in/mm): 3.41/86.5
- Stroke (in/mm): 3.94/100
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Intake Air System: Naturally Aspirated
- Lifter Type: Hydraulic
- Oil Pump Type: Gear
- Oil Filter Type: Full flow spin-on cartridge
- Crankcase Capacity (qt/l): 4/3.8
- Type: Closed
- Water Pump: Belt driven
- Fan Speed (rpm): 1980 - 17.6 kVA; 1650 - 21.6 kVA
- Fan Diameter (in/mm): 17.75/450.9
- Fan Mode: Pusher
- Fuel Type: Natural gas, propane vapor
- Carburetor: Down Draft
- Secondary Fuel Regulator: Standard
- Fuel Shut Off Solenoid: Standard
- Operating Fuel Pressure: 5-14" water column/9-26 mm HG
- Model: 17.6 kVA 110/220 V, 1Ø, 1.0 pf
- kVA LPG: 17.6
- Amp LPG: 80
- kVA Nat. Gas: 17.6
- Amp Nat. Gas: 80
- CB Size (Both): 90
- Engine Type
- Generac In-line 4-cylinders
- 2.4 L
- AC Output
- LP: 17.6 kVA; Natural Gas: 17.6 kVA